Thursday 19 April 2012

Lemon Poppy Seed Cake

When I was in St John's with my dad, my mom and I were staying with my cousin and her new husband. He was a big fan of food (who isn't?!) and sweets! They had just come back from their honey moon and he kept going on about this Lemon Poppy Seed cake he had at one of the buffets and how wonderful it was. I remembered my neigbor and friend Debi making a delicious cake and emailed her for the recipe! I didn't realize how simple it was so I got the ingredients and whipped one up!
It was a hit! Here is the recipe!


Lemon Poppy Seed Cake

1 pkg yellow or lemon cake mix
1 lg pkg Instant lemon pudding
1/2 cup oil
1 cup lukewarm water, add 3 Tbsp poppy seeds, let soak for a few minutes
4 eggs
1Tsp vanilla
The juice and zest of 1 lemon


Place all ingredients in a large bowl and with an electirc mixer mix for 3-4 minutes.
Pour into a greased bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.
Let cool in pan for about 10 minutes before carefully removing it.
Let cool on wire baking rack for an hour or two.

Lemon Glaze

1 cup powdered sugar

The juice and zest of 1 lemon

1 Tbsp milk

whisk together in a bowl and drizzle over cooled cake!

Enjoy!




I haven't taken a photo of the finished product yet so
this photo was taken from:

No comments:

Post a Comment