Thursday 12 April 2012

The beginning....

Maybe today isn't the greatest of days to be starting some new, but oh well!


I am cramming for a big test and my head feels as if it's about to explode! I am missing my dad so very much today. He passed away back in February, but I will talk about that more another time. Today however, I came across a folder in my email called "DAD" and when I opened it there were piles and piles of short little notes from my dad and conversations between us from back in 2008 and 2009. During this time I was working in an office, so this was almost an every day thing for us. It was hard for me to go back over these email and read them, but it was also a happy thing. It was almost as if I could hear his voice.


This coming Saturday, I write my Journeyman exam in Cooking. I completed my Cooking Certificate back in December 2005, but it has taken me 7 years to finally get through the rest of the courses and get my hours in the trade by working under other Journeyman Cooks, (also known as Red Seal Cooks). I have 4 hours, and 150 multiple choice questions! Wish my luck!


As I get into this, and have some actual time to myself, this blog will most likely be about food and my every day life. I will try and include recipes and photos and make it a little fun! But for today, that's it.


Natasha

4 comments:

  1. Natasha!! This looks amazing!!!
    Miss you a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, I love the header you used. The colours are beautiful, like you.

    ReplyDelete