Sunday 11 November 2012

Toasted Coconut and Almond Fudge Shortbread Bars :)

Sometimes I just feel the need to bake. My jeans really can't take much more of my baking and eating fits, but I just love being in the kitchen. I had limited ingredients today so I set out and googled "sweetened condensed milk".
I found and recipe and made it my own.
If you're in the mood for a sweet treat, this is a good one!

Toasted Coconut and Almond Fudge Shortbread Bars

  1cup butter, softened
1/2 cup icing sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups  all-purpose flour
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Sliced almonds, toasted
Shredded coconut, toasted

Preheat oven to 350° F

1. Beat butter, sugar, and salt until fluffy. Add flour; mix well.
2. With floured hands, press evenly into 13x9 parchment paper-lined baking pan. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool.
3. Melt chips with sweetened condensed milk over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat ; stir in extract. Spread evenly over shortbread.
4. Garnish with almonds and coconut ; press down firmly. Chill 3 hours or until firm. Cut into bars. Store covered at room temperature.


:) Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment