Tuesday 6 November 2012

Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies

My cousin gave me a journal filled with recipes, hand written by her, for a Christmas gift back eight or nine years ago....recipes for cookies, casseroles, cakes....you name it! It's in there! Her mothers recipes, MY mothers recipes, her mother-in-laws recipes. Under some recipes, there are even personal comments on who's recipe it is, and how much the food item is enjoyed by her family and friends! Considering the meals we shared together and our family history of the love of food, this was a great gift. The pages are now well worn..some pages are even sticky! There were some blank pages when I received the book, but they are now filled. I love this cook book and no matter how many others I have, I always ended up back in this one for most things. One of my favorite go-to cookies when I just want something sweet in the house, or something to take to friends, is her chocolate chip cookie recipe. I have had many cookies, and these are the BEST EVER! (My Nanny made some awesome chocolate chip cookies too, but no matter how many times I tried that recipe they never tasted like hers!) Today I made these cookies and added some Reese's chips along with the regular Milk Chocolate chips I usually add. Yup, success! They are yummy and I'm sure my friends will enjoy them too! Here's the recipe and few photos :)




Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla

2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda

1-2 cups chocolate chips

In a microwavable mixing bowl, melt butter.
Add sugars and beat with electric mixer until soft and smooth.
Add egg and egg yolk. Beat until smooth.
Stir in vanilla.

Sift in flour and baking soda. Stir until combined.
Add chocolate chips.

Refrigerate for 15 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.

Using a small cookie scoop or two spoons, (or roll into 1 inch balls) place cookie batter
about 3 inches apart. Back for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden, but still soft in the center. 

Cool on cooling rack and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment