Thursday 9 May 2013

Not Your Regular Turkey Salad Sandwich

So that Turkey I cooked Tuesday is still in my fridge. Well, some of it anyway! It was a little larger than I had thought and even after having it for a full meal Tuesday night, making  a large pot of Turkey Noodle soup, sandwiches yesterday for lunch and sandwiches for todays lunch, I still have some left to use for another meal! I'm sure my boys won't be requesting Turkey anytime soon!

 
Not Your Regular Turkey Salad Sandwich
Makes 2 sandwiches
4 Slices of Multi Grain Bread (I have been baking my own using this recipe from Robin Hood Great Grainery Bread )
2 Tbsps. Butter or Margarine, for spreading
1 1/2 cups cooked Turkey, chopped fine
2/3 cup Mayo 
10 Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped fine
1 Tbsp. dried Basil
2 Tbsps. chopped green onion or chives
S & P
2 large leafs of Romaine lettuce
 
In a small bowl, mix your olives, basil, green onion, salt and pepper with your mayo. Taste it and adjust the seasonings to how you prefer them. Mix with Turkey.
Slice your bread to the desired thickness and spread with butter or margarine.
Place a lettuce leaf on 2 of the 4 slices and top with Turkey Salad mixture.
Top with remaining pieces of bread and slice on an angle! Serve with a dill pickle on the side and some crunchy sticks of carrots and celery! (Or potato chips! Whatever works for you!)
 
 
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment