Friday 29 June 2012

Blueberry Cake

I haven't been in the mood to write in a while. I've been distracted and in pain with an arm injury but I could go on and on about that.... SO...I decided today that I needed something spirit lifting. 
I set aside my bad mood and opened up my cupboard. I decided I wanted muffins. I had some fresh blueberries (from the U.S.A. since it's not the season here yet) and set out with a plan. After coming up with a recipe that I had found online awhile ago, I decided I'd just make a cake with it instead of muffins. It turned out delish and is really helping to brighten my mood!


Blueberry Cake

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries

Topping:
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon


Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a 9inch square pan with parchment

To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork or rub together with your fingers.

Set aside.

Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. 

Spread into prepared pan and sprinkled with topping.

Bake for 30 -35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.                

Remove from pan and let cool until you can no longer stand the aroma and dig in!!


:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment